28 April 2008

28APR08 - Official Gear

Costa del Mar sunglasses are now the official sunny's of ARGO for the race. Mainly because I just bought myself a pair. And I'm buying Mary a pair too. I, in an uncharacteristically un-seamanlike fashion, failed to yell "heads"when heaving Mary a dockline on Saturday, and, in addition to hitting her on the head, I knocked her Smiths into the water. Those Smiths saw heavy action in Australia, outback, Flinders Ranges, Eyre Peninsula, Whitsunday's, you name it. They went down fightin' and now I owe her a new pair.

But, I have promised to dive the Smiths up from the bottom this weekend. The best part is that in the aftermath and slow rebuilding progress of Hurricane Katrina, there are no local pumpout stations for onboard blackwater (sewage). So, I need to tell the other boaters around the marina not to flush for an hour or two.

We also need an official beer, rum, and rum drink of the race, and I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

The Coopers said...

Have fun diving in the poo. I hope you're able to find 'em pretty quick.

Anj said...

Ryan, with me on old that is a no brainer! :) the official rum drink should be a cuba libre, official rum would be Bacardi light but Don Q qould be ideal. Why don't we say, in honor of New Orleans, the offical beer is Abita?
Anj